DAYL CLE: Who Says You Can’t Teach Young Lawyers New Writing Tricks?
- Thursday, February 9 | Noon | Zoom
- Join DAYL as we welcome Professor Misty Birdsong to present a CLE on legal writing that will be beneficial to both litigators and transactional attorneys.
- Attendees can expect to walk away integrating new methods to be clear and concise in their everyday writing and take away a cheat sheet to help them remember the tricks they learned.
- RSVP here.
Mock interviews are being held in-person at UNT Dallas School of Law (106 South Harwood, Dallas, Texas 75201) on Wednesday, February 15th from 12:00pm – 1:30pm and 4:30 – 6:00pm. Each attorney will interview 2-3 students during their scheduled timeslot.
Information for Volunteers: A boxed lunch will be provided during the afternoon interview slot and light refreshments will be provided for all volunteers during the evening interview slot. UNT will validate parking for a reduced rate in the Elm Street Garage (2000 Elm Street).
Sign up here.
The DAYL and DWLA are thrilled to begin their eighth year of Women’s Mentoring Circles (“WMC”). Launched in 2016, WMC promotes the development, advancement, and retainment of women lawyers through mentorship, education, and community-building activities. Participants are divided into Mentoring Circles consisting of 10-12 female lawyers in different stages of their careers. During the year, there are 4 large-group events with featured speakers and discussion panels, as well as several small group meetups between members of individual Mentoring Circles. The large-group events provide insight and advice on a variety of topics, including business development, networking, and career advancement, and the small group meetups provide an opportunity for mentors and mentees to connect with one another.
Register here. Registration closes on February 23.
Judicial Internship Application Deadline
- The DAYL Judicial Internship Committee invites first- and second-year law students to apply for an opportunity to be a judicial intern for a Dallas County judge during this summer.
- The application deadline is Tuesday, February 28.
Learn more about the opportunity and apply here.