DAYL Foundation Grants Program
The DAYL Foundation is a granting body. Since becoming a granting body in 1999, the DAYL Foundation has awarded hundreds of thousands of dollars to local non-profit organizations. The grant program of the DAYL Foundation is designed to promote quality projects, most of which have a legal or law-related theme, such as helping abused women, funding background checks for volunteers, or funding projects related to informing the public about their legal rights. Grant awards are typically between $500 and $3,000.
The 2022 grant application deadline is 5:00pm, Friday, June 3, 2022. Click here for a DAYL Foundation Grant Application. The grant application is updated annually once available.
The purposes for which the DAYL Foundation is organized are educational and charitable in nature. To that end, the DAYL Foundation primarily provides grants for the following types of programs and services:
- Law-related scholarship and education promoting knowledge and awareness of the rule of law;
- Charitable and legal aid for the public, including improving the delivery of legal services to the indigent and improving the administration of justice; and
- Foster honor, integrity, and public confidence in the profession of law.
GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES
- Grants are only given to organizations granted 501(c)(3) status by the Internal Revenue Service, and will not be given to individuals.
- The grant purpose must meet one or more of the above-stated purposes.
- The DAYL Foundation focuses on awarding grants for purposes that benefit the North Texas/greater DFW Metroplex.
- The DAYL Foundation focuses on awarding grants that fund areas other than salaries or benefits; however, consideration may be made for a start-up organization on a one-time basis, and for smaller charities whose main or sole purpose is the program or project for which grant funds are requested. Special consideration will be given to first-time applicants whose program or project for which grant funds are requested meet the above-stated purposes.
- A brief cover letter from the organization must be included with the grant application.
- All questions on the grant application must be fully answered.
- Please submit: two (2) copies of the grant application and all supporting documentation – one via email saved in PDF (as one document) and one via regular mail.
- A copy of the following documents must be attached to the original grant application:
- A list of the organization’s Board Officers and Board Trustees;
- The organization’s most recent financial statement and operating budget; and
- Documentation of the organization’s 501(c)(3) status.
PRIOR GRANT RECIPIENTS
2021 DAYL Foundation Grant Recipients
2020 DAYL Foundation Grant Recipients
2019 DAYL Foundation Grant Recipients
2018 DAYL Foundation Grant Recipients
2017 DAYL Foundation Grant Recipients
2016 DAYL Foundation Grant Recipients
2015 DAYL Foundation Grant Recipients
2014 DAYL Foundation Grant Recipients