What to Expect When You’re Expecting…Bar Results
You’ve taken the July 2016 bar exam…now what? Join the DAYL for the second annual What to Expect When You’re Expecting…Bar Results—a program specifically designed for those who have recently taken the bar exam and plan to practice law in the Dallas area. Recently licensed attorneys are also welcome to attend.
The program will consist of two panel discussions, each approximately 45 minutes in length, that will provide practical advice regarding your job search and first job as an attorney:
- The Proof is in the Pudding & How to be a Happy Lawyer
Identify ways to develop your professional expertise through CLEs and mentorship. Learn tips to avoid burn out, maintain a healthy lifestyle, and maintain a positive professional reputation.
Speakers: Andy Jones, Kate Morris, and Ashley Withers
Moderator: Barbara M. Pelaez
- The Business of Law & Networking
Learn important skills you may not have learned in law school including calendaring and time management, building relationships among your peers, client engagement and retention, creating a network system, and developing strategic alliances.
Speakers: Alex Bolton, Jodi McShan, and Chad Ruback
Moderator: Zara Najam
When: Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
Where: Jackson Walker L.L.P., KPMG Plaza at Hall Arts, 2323 Ross Avenue, 6th Floor, Dallas*
Please join us for a Happy Hour at Jorge’s Tex Mex Café, 1722 Routh St, Dallas following the program. Special thanks to the Dallas Bar Association Family Law Section for sponsoring the post-event happy hour!
RSVP here or contact Cherie Harris to obtain additional information. Attendees are encouraged to join DAYL, but membership in DAYL is not required to attend.
*Parking & transportation options include:
- DART Pearl/Arts District Station is 0.3 miles from Jackson Walker, L.L.P.
- Cost-effective parking lot options: Parking Company of America, 2602 Ross Avenue for $5 and Platinum Parking, 2502 Ross Avenue for $8 (credit cards accepted at both).
- Directly under KPMG Plaza at Hall Arts. Parking is $10 for up to 2 hours, and $15 for up to 3 hours (credit cards accepted). Park in any non-reserved space or visitor parking.
- Limited metered street parking, which is free in the evening, is available along San Jacinto Street and Leonard Street, nearby.