DAYL Special Interest Groups
DAYL’s Special Interest Groups are a way to facilitate gatherings of our members based on a specific area of interest. If you are interested in being part of one of the below Special Interest Groups, please contact the person listed. If you are interested in starting a Special Interest Group that is not listed, please email your ideas to Cherie Harris. To participate in a Special Interest Groups, you must be a DAYL member.
Beyond the Book
Beyond the Book is for all of the lawyer bookworms out there. This group is scheduled to meet on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Contact Katharine Roberson for details and for information about future meetings.
Art, Design & Fashion
Channel your inner artist or fashion-sense with this special interest group designed for lawyers who have a flair for art, design or fashion. The group will meet quarterly for special events and opportunities. Email Tiffany Johnson for details and for information about future events.
Moms in Law
Being a working mom can be challenging. Being a working lawyer mom can be a different ballgame with its own unique challenges. Moms in Law is going on its third year of being a no pressure, no commitment, informal, fun, support group for lawyer moms. Designed for our members who are working mothers or soon-to-be working mothers, the Moms in Law Special Interest Group typically meets once a month for lunch. Contact Christine Leatherberry for details and for information about future meetings.
2018 Moms in Law meeting dates are listed below:
- February 8th – Noon at Jose, 4931 West Lovers Lane, Dallas
- February 23rd – Noon at Mesero in Inwood Village, 5330 W Lovers Lane Suite 112B, Dallas
- March 8th – 12:15 at Ida Claire, 5001 Belt Line Rd, Dallas (on Belt Line, between the Tollway and Quorum)
- March 23rd – Noon at Saint Ann Restaurant and Bar, 2501 N Harwood, Dallas
- April 5th – Noon at Meso Maya at Preston and Forest, 11909 Preston Rd, Suite 1426, Dallas
- April 20th – Noon at RJ Mexican Cuisine, 1701 N. Market Street, Dallas
- May 3rd – Noon at Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille, 2000 McKinney Ave #100, Dallas
- May 22nd – Noon at the Belo (panel speaking event about how to make the legal profession more mom-friendly, CLE credit pending)